Arthur's Tavern - Hoboken, NJ

Sunday, August 30, 2009

This weekend, we visited one of my favorite restaurants - Arthur's Tavern in Hoboken, NJ. My parents brought me here right after they got married in 1994 and I fell in love. I try to come down to Hoboken once a year to visit this place. I can promise you, once you come here to eat, you will not leave hungry.


Arthur's is located on Washington Street, which is the main drag in Hoboken. It's very close to the PATH train which makes it easy for the New Yorkers to travel to this great eatery.

Once you walk in to Arthur's, you enjoy the casualness of the red checkered tablecloths to the specials written on a dry erase board. You will also enjoy see pictures of many famous people from sports to actors, including Frank Sinatra. During the summer, they have tables out front that you can sit and enjoy a great meal on a beautiful day.

The menu is limited but Arthur's is well known for their steaks. As you can see from the menu, they have three types of steak - the Junior Sirloin 12 oz., the 24oz. and the big 48 oz. Most of the time, I get the 24 oz. Another added bonus, it comes with Arthur's potatoes which are the best potatoes I have ever eaten in my life. For an appetizer, I recommend the garlic bread. It is loaded with garlic and parmesan cheese - this is one treat that you want to share with everyone at the table. Your beverages can come king sized too. This is the home of the liter beer. Yes, I said liter beer. Their strawberry daquiri was very good too.



The moment you sit down , you are greeted with pickes and homemade coleslaw. The coleslaw isn't your traditional coleslaw. It does not have any mayonnaise at all and it's very delicious.

For dinner, I had the Petite Sirloin and Shrimp, which was accompanied by their special rice. It was fantastic. This is a perfectly portioned meal and hits the spot. Everyone else got the 24 oz. sirloin which was accompanied by the Arthur's famous potatoes.

So, if you happen to be in Hoboken, I strongly suggest you swing by here for dinner. If you're in the mood for a good steak or a hearty hamburger, this is the place to come.






Print this post

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Great article! I'd visit there. That picture of that steak and shrimp is to die for!!