Pumpkin Bread

Monday, September 21, 2009

Fall is right around the corner and that usually means it's time for me to make one of my favorite breads.  This bread is great for breakfast or that little snack you have with your coffee.

Pumpkin Bread

2 eggs
1 1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. water
1 c. pumpkin
1 c. chopped walnuts plus 2 tbsp. for topping
1 2/3 c. flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. salt.

Grease 2 loaf pans with butter. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients in large bowl and mix together. Pour into loaf pans. Top each loaf with about 1 tbsp. of remaining chopped walnuts. Bake for about 30 minutes. Test with toothpick to check bread has cooked completely.

Enjoy!

If you like this, you may like:

Garlic, Cheddar Biscuits

Sausage Bread

Print this post

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks scrumptious. And, again, a beautiful picture. :)

Laura said...

looks delicious, a great taste of fall

Cookin' Canuck said...

That looks so moist! I bet it would also be good with raisins in it.

Stacie said...

This pumpkin bread recipe looks really yummy. The picture of it makes it yummier! I am going to try this for the weekend as my husband is a huge pumpkin bread lover!

Gina; The Candid RD said...

Hello Lyidia! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog :)
The pumpkin bread looks so amazing. I made banana bread the other day, but pumpkin is next on my list!

lululu said...

i love pumpkin bread! like your idea of putting in walnuts!

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Sounds great! The perfect fall bread to go with my coffee... :)