Halloween Dirt Cake

Friday, October 30, 2009

Looking for a different dessert for Halloween? Look no further.  Dirt Cake is the way to go. It's very easy, kid friendly, fun to make and you can really show your creative side.  It's really fun decorating this cake. You can leave it as plain as I did or really jazz it up for Halloween. I tried making tombstones out of Pepperidge Farm Milano Cookies by coating them with white chocolate but they didn't look right.


Halloween Dirt Cake
1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist Yellow Cake Mix
1 can Betty Crocker Whipped Frosting - Chocolate
15 Oreos
10 gummy worms

Make cake according to directions on cake box.   Depending on how many people you are feeding, you can either make a 13x9 cake or 2 8x8 cakes. Let cake cool.

Separate Oreos and remove the filling. Crush the oreos and set aside. Once cake has cooled, frost cake with frosting.  Cover frosting with Oreos to make "dirt".  Decorate cake with gummy worms or other Halloween items.

Enjoy!

If you liked this, you may like:

Monkey Bread

Apple Crisp for Two

Print this post

7 Comments:

Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...

very cute lydia....I love the gummies :)

The Chocolate Priestess said...

This is adorable! So cute.

Marillyn Beard said...

Your Cake totally brings back memories of elementary school! I remember having "Dirt" Cake with gummy worms all over it... we had a blast eating that up :o)

Unknown said...

I love it! I was actually going to make one too but couldn't find any gummy worms!

Laura said...

Oh this great! I made the mud cupcakes last halloween and I was lucky to find some gummy spiders, and some bugs. Big Hit with the kids.

My Little Space said...

So cute, looks like real one. Good job!

Simply Life said...

I LOVE this! It brought back a great memory of making this with friends when I was in elementary school! Gosh, I'm not sure I've had it since then but now I want it! :)