Pumpkin Cookies with Walnuts

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fall is officially here. For me, it is the beginning of baking season.  I was feeling inventive this afternoon and came up with this little brainstorm. I thought it would be nice to surprise my hubby with some cookies when he came home from work. I was praying that these would not be a complete disaster but it was the opposite. These were the best cookies I've ever made.

Pumpkin Cookies with Walnuts

1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. sugar
3/4 c. Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
3/4 chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream sugar and butter with mixer. Add pumpkin, vanilla and egg. Mix, scraping side of bowl until well combine. In a medium bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix well. Add flour mixture to wet mixture, mixing well, scraping sides of bowl.

Drop cookie dough by heaping tablespoons on cookie sheet. Add walnuts to top of cookies. Bake for about 15 minutes. Cool on wire rack for about 10 minutes. Drizzle glaze on cookie with spoon and let sit on wire rack until glaze is dried.  Recipe for glaze to follow.

Recipe for Glaze

1 c. confectionary sugar
3 tbsp. milk

Whisk until completely mixed.

Enjoy!

If you liked this, you may enjoy:

Pumpkin Bread

Chocolate Covered Strawberries


Print this post

8 Comments:

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

These cookies look and sound like the perfect fall cookies! They make me want to bake... :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like someone was using a certina wedding gift.... :)

They sound amazing! As always! Your stuff is great!

xoxo

Stacie said...

These cookies look delicious. I am going to give these a try. I bet the house smells nice when baking them too!

Anonymous said...

So did Dave like them? Looks yummy! And pretty picture as well!

Mimi said...

Yum... your cookies look delicious.
Mimi

Lydia C said...

Erin (aka Anonymous), I did use the gift you gave me and I thank you every time I use it.

Kendra, he did love them :) There are about 6 left. lol

Thanks for the compliments all.

Jessie said...

wonderful cookies! I love that they are such a yummy way of ringing in the fall season

lululu said...

looks delicious!